RE: Help menu (was: Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming)

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Help menu (was: Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:44:32 -0800

    This sort of command seems like a good idea.  It is a shame that we
    cannot install your code, for want of papers.  But if someone
    wants to implement a command along these general lines,
    we could install it at a suitable time.

Yes, I'm sorry about that, as you know - it's beyond my control (short of
quitting my job).

It's probably not such a bad thing, however, in this case:

 - The code is not up-to-date wrt Emacs 22 - it works only with Emacs 20.

 - It's probably worth rethinking parts of the design.

WRT the design: I use pop-up-frames = t, so the opening of multiple frames
for the results of apropos*, describe-*, and Info is not too distracting for
the user (IMO). However, with pop-up-frames = nil, the opening of multiple
windows should perhaps be reconsidered or somehow organized, as it might be
a bit confusing.