Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 20:47:08 +0000 (UTC)

   I'm not a native English speaker, so I wouldn't know how common is
   this nowadays.  To me, "q.v." is a well-known term.

I am a native English speaker and to me, "q.v." is also a well-known
term, at least in glossaries and the like.

My hunch is that if you write "q.v." without a context, many people
will not understand.  But a glossary provides context.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8