Re: bootstrap problem with union Lisp_Object

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: bootstrap problem with union Lisp_Object
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:35:56 +0100

"Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:

>     A never ending pre-pre-test, with a complete lack of feature freeze,
>
> Your discouragement is speaking--exaggerating the situation.  I am
> rejecting even small featurelets nowadays, and the we can have a
> pretest soon if you start fixing more bugs.

We more or less have had a feature freeze since May 2004, and have
been "fixing more bugs" ever since in preparation for the pretest.

So I don't see any evidence that "fixing more bugs" will actually lead
to a pretest.

I believe that emacs 22.x (via CVS downloads) has already received
infinitely more testing than any previous emacs pretest has achieved,
so the bugs we see now are the bugs that previously (with the closed
development model of 21.1) would have been discovered (long time)
after the release.