cvs-update

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: cvs-update
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 08:27:44 +0200

I see a new useful make target was added to Makefiles as:

cvs-update: recompile autoloads finder-data custom-deps

But I wonder why it doesn't use the existing target `updates'?
I mean why not to write the same new target as:

cvs-update: recompile updates

Also I think it would be good to recommend it in INSTALL.CVS,
e.g. by replacing

  $ make recompile EMACS=../src/emacs

with

  $ make cvs-update EMACS=../src/emacs

Or maybe even there should be a new top-level target `cvs-update' to perform
all necessary updates after every CVS update, e.g. something like:

make; make -C lisp EMACS=../src/emacs recompile updates; make; make tags; make
info

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/