Re: Reset buttons in Customize

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Reset buttons in Customize
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:18:53 -0500

    >      Show Current Display
    >      Show All Kinds of Displays

    I don't think that makes much sense: it sounds like showing a
    particular display instead of its specs...

That literal-minded interpretation is not a real problem,
because people will get the point.  The other alternative,
which talks about "All Kinds", will help make it clear.

All the suggestions people have made for this have problems.
So I think that perfection here is too much to ask for.
We must be prepared to settle for the least bad.

    I think that it would be less confusing to just write

    For Current Display
    For All Kinds of Displays

That is a good idea.  I would be happy to use that.

Luc suggested:

       Since the button says "Show Face", what about:

       Show Face for This Display
       Show Face for All Displays

The added words are not particularly helpful.
I prefer "For Current Display".