Re: Display slowness that is painful

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Display slowness that is painful
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 18:43:17 -0500

    Insisting on fixing algorithmic performance bugs, even knowing that there
    are many more of the same kind, will make sure that you don't even get any
    release at all (if you want, I'll construct a useful piece of code that uses
    enough overlays to bring the redisplay to its knees, and then I'll let you
    try and come up with a better implementation of overlays).

I did not "construct" code to produce this bug.  It happened to me
during my normal mail-reading procedure.  We don't have to look
for trouble, but we need to fix the problems that really happen.

Meanwhile, wasn't this one easy?