Re: Display slowness that is painful

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Display slowness that is painful
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 13:27:23 -0500

    I think another reason of the slowness is this part (in
    set_iterator_to_next):

    Because of this, it seems that handle_stop is called for
    every character after an eight bit character.  Isn't it
    possible to tune it?  First of all, why should we recheck
    faces after display vector?

Kim, did your changes address this issue?

I am sure there was a good reason to recheck the faces, in general.
But there may be specific cases--perhaps this case--where it can
be skipped.