Re: Display slowness that is painful

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Display slowness that is painful
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 09:02:30 -0500

> Not fixing bugs in core functionality is not the way to get release
> quality.

Insisting on fixing algorithmic performance bugs, even knowing that there
are many more of the same kind, will make sure that you don't even get any
release at all (if you want, I'll construct a useful piece of code that uses
enough overlays to bring the redisplay to its knees, and then I'll let you
try and come up with a better implementation of overlays).

        Stefan