Re: Copyright years

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Copyright years
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:55:33 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:
Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 17:02:59 +0900
From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden

On 2/9/06, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
Yes--just add ", 2006" to each and every file's copyright notice.
Why is this required?  I thought the rules said to only do that
for files on which we actually worked in the year 2006.  Suppose
there's a file that wasn't touched in years--why should we
pretend that we did something there in the year 2006?
Well by adding the ", 2006", the file has been touched -- and it's
2006... :-)
Right, why in the world didn't I think about it?  Thanks!!

That change is not copyrightable, as it does not contain creative
content.
It looks to me like content that is only creative.