Re: thumbs.el and transparency

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: thumbs.el and transparency
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:45:09 -0500

    I based my reasoning on an opinion expressed on this thread that both
    packages should exist in Emacs.  But actually I have no opinion about this.
    Given the choice between a simple thumbnail package and more advanced one,
    I personally would definitely select the latter.

I think it should be possible to make tumme do everything that thumbs
can do, and just as conveniently.

    I think instead of adding all features of thumbs.el to tumme.el it is more
    urgent to make tumme.el more usable, so it would have more than one user ;-)

I agree, that is the first thing to be done.  But hasn't a lot of it
been done in the past week?