fatal error: 22.0.50.1 mingw on Compaq Armada E500

From: eminmn
Subject: fatal error: 22.0.50.1 mingw on Compaq Armada E500
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:16:19 -0600

 After installing under msw2000 on this machine, I try
runemacs --debug-init. Emacs abort dialog pops up with "A fatal error has
occurred! Would you like to attach a debugger... " There is not enough
room on this machine to install cygwin or similar. Is there a version of
gdb that runs under win2000? I have this version running fairly well on a
Compaq desktop under w2000 and a generic desktop running w98. Only Emacs
21.3 runs on the Armada. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ed