Re: emacs-Xtra

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacs-Xtra
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 00:18:55 -0400

      3) Have those ``extra'' sections be part of the on-line manual, but
         not of the printed manual.  In the printed manual, replace the
         extra sections with an xref to the extra manual.  The Texinfo
         @ifinfo facility should do the trick.

    This should be a good solution to the original problem, which is that
    the FSF wants the printed manuals it sells to not be too large.

This might be a good approach, as a replacement for emacs-xtra.
If we do not find a good way to split the manual in two, we could
do this instead.

Would someone like to work on this and verify that it really works?