Re: pop-to-buffer does not change input focus

From: Lars Hansen
Subject: Re: pop-to-buffer does not change input focus
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 21:31:38 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>But in Fpop_to_buffer, we call Fselect_window on the window just displayed
>by Fdisplay_buffer and *that* should cause the input focus to be set.

I don't think Fselect_window is supposed to set the input focus. AFAICS
from reading section 29.9 in the Emacs Lisp Manual (Input Focus), the
only lisp function that changes input focus is select-frame-set-input-focus.
The reason why the frame selected by pop-to-buffer gets input focus when
it is newly created but not when it existed already, is because newly
created frames get input focus (at least under my test test conditions
(GNU/Linux with Gnome)), whereas frames just raised don't.

IHMO this is confusing. Why don't select-frame set the input focus?