RE: should search ring contain duplicates?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: should search ring contain duplicates?
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 12:14:54 -0700

        > I am not interested in considering such a complex proposal.

        There is nothing complex about it (with the latest add-to-history)
        version.

    I was talking about a different proposal, one involving properties to
    control lengths.  It was very complex.

To be clear, was it this proposal from Juri:

    A related feature that specifies the maximum length of the history list
    uses the `history-length' _property_ of the history list _symbol_
    to override the default value of the _variable_ `history-length'
    for a particular history list.  Exactly the same thing could be
    implemented for `history-delete-duplicates', i.e. the property
    `history-delete-duplicates' would override its default value
    for a particular history list.