Re: Mode loaded twice with Local Variables

From: Stuart D. Herring
Subject: Re: Mode loaded twice with Local Variables
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 11:20:33 -0700 (PDT)

>                                       What if the major mode was itself an
>     alias, or does that not happen?
>
> It could, so the code should do indirect-function on both of them
> and compare the results.

OK; the attached (tiny) patch does that in both places.  This makes the
change that `set-auto-mode-0' now returns its MODE argument instead of the
final symbol (which has the real function definition) in that argument's
indirect function chain.  Nothing seems to use the return value anyway;
does this matter?  If so, I can write the symbol-chasing loop back in to
get the old return value.

Davis

2006-05-10  Stuart Herring  <address@hidden>

        * files.el (set-auto-mode-0): Use `indirect-function'.
        (hack-one-local-variable): Don't reapply the current major mode.

shipping.