Re: C-f in isearch minibuffer (was: should search ring contain duplicate

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: C-f in isearch minibuffer (was: should search ring contain duplicates?)
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 00:15:15 -0400

    This reminds me of another misfeature.  C-f typed at the end of the
    isearch's minibuffer that pulls characters from the parent buffer is
    not user-friendly.  With recently proposed special commands like `M-.'
    in the minibuffer to pull things from the parent buffer to be implemented
    in the next release, I think it is better to get rid of this misfeature
    before this release:

I don't think it a is bad feature, and the proposal is just a proposal.
Please do not change this now.