Re: ifinfo vs ifnottex

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: ifinfo vs ifnottex
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 22:04:04 -0400

    The Emacs manual contains several pieces of one type of text inside
    @ifinfo and another inside @iftex.  As a result, text is missing in
    all other types of output, except plaintext, which is covered by
    @ifinfo.  This concerns, for instance html output.  Is there any
    objection against changing these @ifinfo's to @ifnottex.  I will be
    careful not to change legitimate @ifinfo's, like references to
    info.texi or text saying that you are using the Info documentation
    system or such.

Please install these changes.

    The Elisp manual seems free of this except for gpl.texi.  Since this
    has legal implications, I explicitly provide the proposed changes.

These changes are clearly the right thing to do.
We just need to get them installed in all the right places.
I will take care of that.  Would you please install them in Emacs?