RE: Q on performance with 10000 faces

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Q on performance with 10000 faces
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 06:49:18 -0700

    > I'm a little surprised that a frame that is not selected and
    > has no current
    > activity (no cursor motion etc.), would continue to slow
    > Emacs down just by
    > being displayed on the computer screen (and listening for input).

    Agreed.  I think there is a missing redisplay optimization here (and
    I suspect that I sometimes suffer from a related missing
    optimization when I have 100 frames open).

If this gets fixed (optimized), then the performance might be usable and I
might stick with this design - it has a few advantages. Any chance someone
will look at this problem (considered as a bug) before the release?