Re: dotimes-with-progress-reporter doc string lacks SPEC

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: dotimes-with-progress-reporter doc string lacks SPEC
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 14:02:46 +0300

> Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 22:44:03 +0200
> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
>
> I think I can guess what the doc string for this function means, but it
> would be more easy if SPEC where explicitly explained.

Where are you looking, and in what Emacs version?  The current doc
string for dotimes-with-progress-reporter (see below) mentions all its
arguments (SPEC isn't one of them), and it's been like that since
January 2005.

    dotimes-with-progress-reporter is a Lisp macro in `subr.el'.
    (dotimes-with-progress-reporter (var count [result]) message body...)

    Loop a certain number of times and report progress in the echo area.
    Evaluate body with var bound to successive integers running from
    0, inclusive, to count, exclusive.  Then evaluate result to get
    the return value (nil if result is omitted).

    At each iteration message followed by progress percentage is
    printed in the echo area.  After the loop is finished, message
    followed by word "done" is printed.  This macro is a
    convenience wrapper around `make-progress-reporter' and friends.