Incompatibility in emacs & aspell-0.60.4

From: djh
Subject: Incompatibility in emacs & aspell-0.60.4
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 16:54:38 +0900

I am trying to establish where an incompatibility resides.

Suspicious points are in emacs's changes to ispell.el, the ispell-init-process,
or most likely in the new (Oct. 2005) aspell code.  Or it might be my
particular configuration with cygwin.  But, again I didn't have a problem with
the old version of aspell
 and the new one works from the command line.

Description of the problem:

The error message is displayed after the 2nd successfull
(ispell-get-coding-system) upon trying to do another step.  See below:

File; ispell.el
Line: # 2535

        (set-process-coding-system ispell-process (ispell-get-coding-system)
                                   (ispell-get-coding-system) ))
                                                             ^
---------
Result: iso-8859-1 [2 times]
error: "Input file descriptor of ispell closed"
---------

If instrumented and issued a 'G'o cmd. the debuger stops at
line # 2560
         (error "%s" (mapconcat 'identity ispell-filter "\n"))))

The is the same error message when ran without the debugger.

"ispell-init-process: Error: nroff: dlopen returned "No such file or directory".

I have sent out a similar not to the aspell group, but I want to ask if anyone
on this group has tried to use

   cvs emacs with aspell-0.60.4

and if so did you have the probelm I ran into?

Regards,
   Darel Henman