(no subject)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 14:08:17 -0400

Subject: Re: cursor doesn't show through transparent images in emacs 22, unlike
emacs 21
bcc: address@hidden
         <address@hidden> <address@hidden>
         <address@hidden>
         <address@hidden> <address@hidden>
--text follows this line--
    > What happens when you do not specify any :mask attribute?
    > Is that the case where the cursor fails to show?

    yes.

    > If I understand right, then this is a bug, as I previously said.

    i think i agree.  the only question i have concerns the resonsibility
    and disrcetion of the application developer.

I think we have a responsibility to make sure that the default way of
displaying an image does work properly with the cursor.  To have some
peculiar option which means the cursor does not display properly might
be excusable, but it's not excusable for the default to display wrong.

I suggested:

    That would be bad,  since it would change the geometry.
    What I think he proposed is to show the cursor over the outer parts
    of the image.  That seems good for this case.

Is anyone working on this?