Re: Building Emacs-cvs on Cygwin

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Building Emacs-cvs on Cygwin
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 22:17:43 +0300

> Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 18:49:59 +0200 (MET DST)
> From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
> cc: address@hidden
> >
> > How about the following compilation command--does it also cause GDB to
> > complain about debugging symbols?
> >
> >    gcc -gdwarf-2 -g3 hello.c -o hello
>
> NO! I does NOT!!!

Good!

> (gdb) info source
> Current source file is hello.c
> Compilation directory is /tmp/
> Located in /tmp/hello.c
> Contains 7 lines.
> Source language is c.
> Compiled with stabs debugging format.
This doesn't look right: it should have told ``with DWARF 2 debugging
format''.  That's what the -gdwarf-2 switch is about.  I wonder what
the heck is going on here.

Can you please add -v to the compilation command line, like this:

  gcc -v -gdwarf-2 -g3 hello.c -o hello

and post here everything that is displayed by the compiler?