Re: Building Emacs-cvs on Cygwin

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: Building Emacs-cvs on Cygwin
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:21:16 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> If you bootstrap Emacs with a version of GCC that does produce the
> correct debug symbols, does the original problem (Emacs crashing or
> hanging) disappear?

I am bootstrapping with GCC-4.0.3 it take about 3 hours on my system.
                        =========

But what I have just done since yesterday is this.

I had a build tree (CVS 20061025 15:00) on Linux, so I have run

   make distclean

then I have packed the tree and tranfered it on Window-Cygwin.

Here I have updated CVS and added a pointer to GCC-4.0.3 bin dir

   export PATH=/usr/local/g95/bin:$PATH
   gcc -v

in the build script for Emacs-CVS.

This script run

   ../configure --prefix=...
   make
   cd lisp
   make autoloads EMACS=../src/emacs
   make recompile EMACS=../src/emacs
   cd ..
   make
   make install

This Emacs-CVS build seems to run without any crashing!

   Angelo.