Mac - why no proxy badge for dired mode?

From: Randal L. Schwartz
Subject: Mac - why no proxy badge for dired mode?
Date: 02 Nov 2006 12:13:03 -0800

I notice there's a title-bar "proxy icon" for a frame containing a selected
buffer visiting a file.  I can drag this icon to another app, and it presents
the full file path to the other app.

However, there's no such "proxy icon" for a dired buffer.  Just the
"address@hidden" in the title bar.  I spent about 20 minutes poking through
the mac-specific code and the file-visiting code, but I didn't see anything
that hooks the two together.  Can someone who knows more about carbon apps
than I do please look at this and help me make it work?

<address@hidden> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>