Re: w32-enable-(caps|num)-lock vs typematic keyboard

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: w32-enable-(caps|num)-lock vs typematic keyboard
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:53:14 +0100

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
On 11/30/06, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

And then what?  You said:

  if you keep the key down on a typematic keyboard the caps-lock or
  num-lock state can still change

Does that mean that I press and hold the `d' key, for instance, and
after some time the CapsLock key goes on?

No. In my message "the key" tried to mean "they key affected by the
variable previously referred to".

In other words:

 ELISP> (setq w32-enable-caps-lock nil)
nil

And now I press Caps Lock and keep it down: the caps lock light
flickers like mad. I release the key: the light flicks a few moments
more (while the typematic buffer lasts, I suppose), and then stops.
Sometimes on, sometimes off.

The same thing happens with `w32-enable-num-lock' and the Num Lock key.

And it works like a charm if you instead use a low level keyboard hook...