Re: unicode font-backend + tiling

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: unicode font-backend + tiling
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 21:12:36 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> > On Windows and Mac, we can't make it on.

> Wouldn't one just not use "configure --enable-font-backend" on those systems?

The font-backend for Mac is now under development.  I hope
it's committed soon.  But, when' it's committed, I don't
know it's stable enough for enabling font-backend by
default.

> > If someone would like to work on changing the default only for
> > Unix/GNU-Linux and on providing a way to disable font-backend on such
> > systems, please go ahead.

> I was just thinking of something like this:

I don't have a time to test it.  If you want to install it,
please go ahead.  But, please write something in
README.unicode about that change in addition to
ChangeLog.unicode.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden