Re: Toolbar redraw causes unwanted selection

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Toolbar redraw causes unwanted selection
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 00:42:18 +0100

>     If people don't like that, turn off auto-resize-tool-bars.
>
>     After the release, we can consider implementing a "grow-only" setting
>     of auto-resize-tool-bars.  Not now!
>
> I don't think so, because I think this feature is probably essentially
> crippled by this annoyance.  And this ought to be easy enough.

Are you serious?

ONE user has complained about a specific buggy aspect of the
auto-resize feature ... which I fixed.  Now you say the whole
functionality is ESSENTIALLY CRIPPLED.  Come on.

Have *YOU* ever noticed/been annoyed by a toolbar changing size??
If so, why didn't you complain about it before (years ago)?

Would it be possible to _focus_ on the REAL problems blocking the
release?  E.g. the TOTALLY CRIPPLED FONT-LOCK performance.

But ok, if you want to lift the feature freeze, I have several
features I would like to add.

For example, the animated gif support I have ready to install -- and
which is a really annoying lack of functionality when reading my Xmas
mails in Gnus.

Anybody else here getting a bit tired... ?