Re: Toolbar redraw causes unwanted selection

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Toolbar redraw causes unwanted selection
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:00:00 -0500

    The "only" changes I have made are to actually make the resizing work
    -- so that it don't draw more toolbar lines than needed, doesn't omits
    some icons, doesn't forget to redraw the toolbar when needed, and to
    evenly distribute the icons on the toolbar lines to get rid of the "filler
    line" between the toolbar and the top-most text window.

If Idlwave uses as many icons in Emacs 21 as it does now,
then I think your argument is airtight.  It would look uglier
in Emacs 21 without your fixes, so if no one has complained,
we can ignore it.

Could you (or someone) verify that Idlwave causes toolbar size changes
in Emacs 21 in the same case where it does now?  If so, that will
settle the question conclusively.