Re: gnus-summary-tick-article-forward doesn't work any more?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: gnus-summary-tick-article-forward doesn't work any more?
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 19:20:07 -0500

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> I would like to note that Stefan Monnier let me know that turning off
>> agent mode for the IMAP server did (at least temporarily) solve the
>> problem.  This, of course, does not solve the root of the problem.
>> I suspect that the agent data stored in ~/News/agent gets corrupted, and
>> everything after that goes wonky.
>
> Indeed.  I also notice that it seems that turning off the agent fixed
> another problem I had reported a while back where some new messages failed
> to show up (until much later).

There doesn't seem to be anyone working on this bug, which is listed
in FOR-RELEASE.

Stefan, would you (pretty please) try to identify which checkin caused
the bug?  It shouldn't take too long with binary search, but it will
get more difficult as time goes by.

The alternative is to deprecate the use of gnus-agent and document
this in PROBLEMS (it's still not clear whether this is caused by a
faulty imap server).