Re: --with-gtk as default?

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: --with-gtk as default?
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:00:42 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Such a waste.  It's frustrating to advertise an editor that
> visually appears to be stuck in the last millennium.

I agree!

FWIW, in Debian we offer both versions of Emacs 22 (X and GTK) and
out of 616 users, 373 have the GTK version installed, vs. 258 for
the vanilla X version[1][2].  And this despite the fact that the
default version is the X version: the GTK build must be requested
explicitly.

(I know that all statistics are useless, etc, etc.)

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | The sea! the sea! the open
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | sea! The blue, the fresh, the
                                        | ever free! --Bryan W. Procter

Footnotes:
[1]  http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=emacs-snapshot
[2]  (> (+ 373 258) 616) because you can have both versions
     installed concurrently.