Re: --with-gtk as default?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: --with-gtk as default?
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 08:57:17 +0100

>     Given that GNOME is considered part of the GNU project, should not be
>     --with-gtk be the default for compiling Emacs rather than Athena
>     widgets, at least where GTK+ is available?
>
> In principle maybe, but it isn't working well enough yet.

Interesting.  In my experience, it is working quite better than the
Athena widgets.  Which is one of the reasons I have been using the
Gtk+ port for years now.  For example, it has no problems using
Unicode in the menus.

Could you provide examples about things that work worse than with
Athena widgets?