Re: My Emacs unicode 2 crash again when I do some *Replace String (M-%)*

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: My Emacs unicode 2 crash again when I do some *Replace String (M-%)*, I give the debug informations under gdb in the attachments.
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:56:11 +0200

> Cc: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 22:32:17 +0100
>
> > I disagree.  -O1 selects optimizations based on how expensive they are
> > at compile time, not on how badly they disrupt debugging.  Many
> > optimizations that are part of -O2 do no harm at all to debugging, so
> > there's no reason to give them up.
>
> Well, how about explicitly disabling a few debugging-unfriendly
> options when we are compiling with -g?

We've been through that in this thread: Miles suggested that a day or
two ago.  To which I replied that the GCC documentation doesn't give
you any useful information about which options to turn off to get a
reasonably debuggable program.  And there's no hope for anyone but a
GCC optimization expert to figure that out on her own.