Re: lispref Timer section

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: lispref Timer section
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:41:31 -0400

Richard Stallman wrote:

> It is supposed to be true, so I think this is a bug.
> When was it coded to use such a narrow range of formats?

The first version in CVS, which dates from Jan 1996, seems to be
exactly the same in this regard as the current version (though
timer.el was created in 1990 according to the ChangeLog). So as far as
I can tell, it has never worked in the manner described in the
lispref. Though it would be nice if it did, changing the lispref seems
like the best change at this time.