Re: Emacs pretest 22.0.99

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 22.0.99
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:26:39 +1200

 > > How about numbering bug fix releases, which presumably could be made
 > > shortly after the main release if necessary, 22.1.1, 22.1.2, ... this
 > > time?
 >
 > This was discussed at length some time ago, but I believe we didn't
 > decide to change the numbering.

Many schemes were discussed, I can't remember them all but I'm sure you're
right.  Perhaps we could decide now.

 >                                  It cannot be changed without changes
 > elsewhere; e.g., report-emacs-bug knows about the numbering scheme,
 > and so do the files involved in setting the minor version number
 > during the build process.
 >
 > In other words, I think it's too late to change this for Emacs 22.

Well report-emacs-bug just seems to look for three dots:

(string-match "\\..*\\..*\\." "22.0.98.1")
2
(string-match "\\..*\\..*\\." "22.1.1")
nil
(string-match "\\..*\\..*\\." "22.1")
nil

What are the other files?  Do they just test for three dots also?