Re: unicode-2 and multitty

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: unicode-2 and multitty
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 10:41:29 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:
I know that there are a few prepacked "Emacs-23" variants around:
would it be acceptable to the maintainers of those if the unicode-2
branch were to go through a period of relative instability caused by
the merge of multitty?

Since multitty has never been in CVS, it hasn't had as widespread testing as unicode-2, especially on non-unix/GNU platforms. So it is probably better to create a new branch, and first import the multitty code from its current repository, then merge in the unicode-2 changes. Once that branch is stable, we can abandon the unicode-2 branch and use the new branch for all "future" development.