Re: Reordering etc/NEWS

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Reordering etc/NEWS
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 11:52:21 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> address@hidden wrote:
>>> I use those branches and would be willing to test a merged version on
>>> gnu+linux and w32. I could possibly dig out more machines with
>>> different os:es as well if it would be any help.
>>>
>> If the multitty branch works on w32 already, then that gives me a lot
>> more confidence.
>
> I dont know. I have only tested mtty on gnu+linux. mtty doesnt have
> any value on w32 as far as I can imagine, so I usually just use
> Lennart Borgmans w32 emacs package.

Why wouldn't it have value?  It allows one to keep an existing Emacs
session around into which one can connect remotely via ssh+emacsclient
in order to do work.  At least once emacsclient has been extended with
a -nw (--no-window-system) option in order to open a frame on the
emacsclient tty.

It should also allow keeping an Emacs server session around (not just
iconified, but actually frameless) that one can plug into using
emacsclient again, and have it open a fresh frame.

--
David Kastrup