Re: Multi-tty branch status (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Multi-tty branch status (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 13:11:20 +0200

"Károly Lo\"rentey" <address@hidden> writes:

>> The delay this will inevitably introduce is IMO another reason to
>> merge unicode2 first.
>
> I am arguing neither for nor against that.  But where does this
> sudden hurry come from?

I see no hurry involved here.  We branched for the release of 22.1.
The trunk is now open for further development.  We are not currently
discussing actual timelines, but rather what the next steps we are
going to aim for will be.

The mere discussion of future progress should hopefully not strike
terror into Emacs developers' hearts, but then it may feel
unaccustomed.  It may not be as bad as it sounds: we did have
decisions and progress in the past, even though it was not always
apparent.