Re: Failure to build on OpenBSD macppc

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Failure to build on OpenBSD macppc
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 21:39:47 -0400

    Yes, but how?  I don't actually think that this bug is in Emacs, but
    in OpenBSD.  I compiled Emacs using -ggdb3, just so I could get some
    more detailed data, but that to my suprise that worked like a charm
    (my network connection died in the middle when compiling .elc files,
    so it did atleast dump emacs).

That surprises me.  I thought that -g options did not change
the generated code.

This could be an Emacs bug instead of a libc bug.
Either way, the only to make progress is to track it down.
Using stepping and breakpoints, you can narrow down the place
where the problem happens.  Eventually you will find a specific
line that clobbers the stack.  Then you will see either that it
is a libc function, or some code in Emacs itself.