Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 23:17:21 +0200

Ken Raeburn <address@hidden> writes:

> The more I read about it, the more it seems that the multi-tty code
> is changing the concept of an Emacs editing session, so I wouldn't
> expect the changes to be confined to tty handling.

I think we should aim for _not_ changing the concept of an editing
session lightly.  This is the _last_ thing we should resort to, when
simpler solutions don't cut it.  And part of the reason is that we
can't really pull the personality of a single Emacs apart
consistently: Elisp does not really offer that degree of separation.

And "behaves almost as if...,spare us the details" is not something I
want to write down in a manual.