Re: Compiling emacs 22 on ubuntu 7.0.4

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Compiling emacs 22 on ubuntu 7.0.4
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:35:45 +1200

 > Thanks. That solves my problem.
 >
 > I have another question, I appreciate if you can help me with that:

Yes, but please cc to the list so others know it's been answered and
because they may be able to help you also.

 > I drag-and-drop a html file to an emacs icon (on gnome), emacs get
 > started,but only show the splash screen. and when I click a mouse, it
 > shows the content of the html file.
 >
 > Is there a way to have emacs just show the content of the file
 > (without the splash screen)?

Put something like:

(setq inhibit-splash-screen t)

in your .emacs.  This has recently been answered on the mailing list
address@hidden (I think), which is a better forum for this kind of
question.  Please search the archives first.
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/)

Also the Emacs FAQ info file has the answer to many questions like this.

To others: Perhaps we should add the answer to this question there.