Re: Help hyperlinks only work when auto-compression-mode is enabled.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Help hyperlinks only work when auto-compression-mode is enabled.
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:00:11 -0400

    I don't think so.  Anybody who's knowingly disabled auto-compression-mode
    will have a good reason for doing so, and will surely know what she's
    doing.

Yes.

            She won't want the find-func functions to find foo.el.gz.

I am not convinced that follows.

    However, this user didn't ask for the Emacs-22 sources to be compressed,
    any more than I did.  It just happened with the "make install".  So we're
    entitled to see these sources on clicking the hyperlink in C-h f.

Yes, and the same argument applies to the functions in find-func.