Re: Calc: `*' binds more strongly than `/'

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Calc: `*' binds more strongly than `/'
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 18:02:38 +0200

Jay Belanger <address@hidden> writes:

>> Perhaps after the release I could add a customizable variable,
>> `calc-multiplication-has-precedence' (default t), and then anyone that
>> wants to can set it to nil and try out the different behavior.
>
> This has been done.

I see that you have committed the change, but haven't had time to play with it.

According to the doc, setting calc-multiplication-has-precedence to nil gives
precedence to / over *.

IIRC, the objection was that people expected equal precedence with
left to right evaluation (as in C).  Giving / precedence over *
doesn't fix that - it just gives another "wrong" result.