Re: Tramp with GUD broken on trunk?

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Tramp with GUD broken on trunk?
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:32:37 +1200

 > I've committed a slightly modified version of your patch.

This looks good.  Initially, it wasn't obvious to me how you could use GUD
with TRAMP.  Are you going to document this kind of use in the Tramp
manual?  Then I could link to it from the GUD node in the Emacs manual.

> > Incidentally, I think something should display in the mode-line to say that
> > the default-directory is remote.  Quite often there are similar files on
> > both machines and it's easy to forget which one you're looking at.

> From the Tramp FAQ:

>    * I'ld like to see a host indication in the mode line when I'm
>      remote

This isn't exactly what I meant.  I don't really want the hostname displaying
in all buffers including those for the local machine.  I was just thinking of
something like the character 'R', possibly with a different face/background
colour, for remote buffers similar to the single character flags at the start
of the mode-line.