preprocessing Makefile

From: Alexander Klimov
Subject: preprocessing Makefile
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:41:57 +0300 (IDT)

Hi.

I have GTK installed in a directory with a name that contains
/soft-linux/. A Makefile is generated by a C preprocessor and as a
result the path is converted to .../soft-1/... and I have an error
during compilation of emacs from cvs:

 gcc -c [...] -I[...]/soft-1/include/gtk-2.0 [...]

Since `echo | gcc -E -dM - | grep -v __' gives me

#define i386 1
#define unix 1
#define linux 1

I suspect that I would have similar problems with `unix' or the
processor name in the path.

One solution is to set CPP="gcc -E -undef" or at least -Ulinux in my
case, but I am not sure if this does not introduce other problems
(currently bootstrap fails for me even on a system that does not
have this problem with paths).

--
Regards,
ASK