emacsclient proposal

From: David Kastrup
Subject: emacsclient proposal
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:12:55 +0200

Hi,

I think I would very much like to have an emacsclient process be
exposed to Emacs as an Emacsclient process.  This means for me the
following:

stdin from emacsclient will be available to the process-filter.
process-send-string and process-send-eof will work on the stdout of
emacsclient.

Killing or signaling the emacsclient process will do the appropriate
thing on the other end.

In that manner, I could set

PAGER=emacsclient -f client-pager

and if some command like "man" gets called in a shell, an Emacs window
will open up and Emacs will fill this window with material in
view-mode.

--
David Kastrup