Re: pp-eval-expression enhancements

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: pp-eval-expression enhancements
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:45:43 -0400

    I don't remember details, but I did it because some such hooks I used seemed
    inappropriate here. For instance, I automatically add a header to a new lisp
    file via `emacs-lisp-mode-hook' - the header is inappropriate for the PP
    buffer.

    Perhaps there is a better way to make such distinctions, and these hooks
    shouldn't be disabled. I don't know.

Your hook function can test the buffer name.
The hook shouldn't be disabled.

Can you please send the two changes that I'd like to install,
with change log?  Then we can install them.