Re: Recognizing obsolete external package versions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Recognizing obsolete external package versions
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 20:28:19 -0400

    I don't see the problem with eval, given that we write the code that
    gets evalled, and this feature would not be for external use. If you
    are worried about malicious code in the filed being loaded, well, it's
    already been loaded at this point, so if it wanted to do anything
    nasty it could have done so directly without needing to go through
    this mechanism. No different to any other external package.

It is cleaner to make the code more specific.
For instance, issuing a warning in a standard way.