Re: How are Windows users supposed to print the PostScript refcards?

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: How are Windows users supposed to print the PostScript refcards?
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 11:24:40 +0200

address@hidden (Michaël Cadilhac) writes:

> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 17 2007, Richard Stallman wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry, I have no opinion about this.
>>> I don't know a lot about support for PS or PDF on various systems.
>>>
>>> I suggest this heuristic: if neither one of the formats has a clear
>>> advantage in portability, pick the one that is most convenient on
>>> GNU/Linux.
>>
>> How about adding PDF versions now for 22.2+ and the trunk now and
>> decide about removing PS before releasing Emacs 23.1 (adding a note in
>> the Makefile or FOR-RELEASE?
>
> This is fine with me.  I think the NEWS file should contain a word
> like :
>
> ** PDF files for the refcards and other cards are now shipped by
>    default.  We plan to remove the PS files in a near future (23.1).

So nobody objected. If nobody does before EOD (End Of Day), I'll install
the Makefile change.

BTW, I tried to do the change to the .tex files to use pdftex (for the
future), with an annex file like the following :

\input ifpdf.sty

\ifpdf
  \def\pdflayout=(#1#2){
    \if0#1 % A4
      \pdfpagewidth=21cm
      \pdfpageheight=29.7cm
    \else\if1#1 % Letter
      \pdfpagewidth=8.5in
      \pdfpageheight=11in
    \fi\fi
    \if l#2 % Landscape
      \edef\oldwidth{\the\pdfpagewidth}
      \pdfpagewidth=\pdfpageheight
      \pdfpageheight=\oldwidth
    \fi
  }
\else
  \def\pdflayout=(#1#2){}
\fi

but I was unable to find the `csplain' binary file, so I couldn't test
my try for all .tex files.  Does someone have this file and know if
there's a cspdfplain ?

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |  All your base are belong to us.       |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |    You have no chance to survive       |