Re: callback functions in Emacs

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: callback functions in Emacs
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 12:48:12 +0200

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> how about extending emacsclient to communicate d-bus messages?
> that should be able to handle all three of these cases, and
> furthermore handle disambiguation of multiple emacs instances.

Anything goes. But first I need to do the dirty part: communicate with
dbus. At least I'm able already to see all registered services, and
to react on the screensaver signal.

That makes me happy :-)

Btw, dbus has a concept of "queued registration". If several
applications register for the same service, just the first
registration is active. All requests to this service are forwarded to
this application. If the application disappears, the next registration
from the queue will be active.

This would solve indeed the Emacs server disappearance problem,
because the next Emacs instance would take over control automagically.

> thi

Best regards, Michael.