Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:08:20 -0700

"Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden> writes:

> Don't you keep a root owned instance of Emacs running all the time you
> are at your terminal, when it is safe to run as root?

This is a bad idea. Step away for a moment without locking your screen
and someone can come in an wreak havoc on your system. In my case,
there is no need for the clutter of an Emacs in my taskbar that I
might only need once every two weeks or less. As it turns out, your
suggestion is an illegitimate use of Emacs (to use your argument)
since you can use Tramp from your existing invocation for the same
effect.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD